Celsius Therapeutics is seeking motivated scientists to build an industrial-scale single-cell and NGS workflow that will help identify novel medicines for patients with cancer and autoimmune diseases. You will be key to industrializing the process of single cell genomics and other NGS methods and interfacing directly with biology teams to leverage this technology for drug discovery. We seek people who are curious about new science, comfortable being independent, confident in voicing their opinions, flexible to change as needs arise, and open to working with others on a diverse team.
- Development, optimization, and validation of diverse NGS workflows with a focus on single cell genomics (including library construction, quantification, QC and sequencing).
- Operation and integration of high throughput approaches and automation.
- Building robust “sample to data” workflows and SOPs tailored to various applications/projects, in collaboration with biology teams.
- Clear communication of research findings in cross-functional project team meetings.
- Mentor and develop scientific staff.
- PhD or MS degree in molecular/cellular biology or a related discipline.
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience, with industry experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with NGS workflows is a must.
- Solid knowledge of and hands-on experience with Illumina sequencing technology.
- Experience in single-cell RNA-seq methods (e.g. plate or microfluidics-based) is an asset.
- Experience designing and implementing novel methodologies/assays for NGS applications.
- Experience with liquid handlers/automation/robotics is preferred.
- Familiarity with computational biology tools, and experience working with computational biologists to solve problems.
- A proven ability to troubleshoot technical and scientific issues, both individually and as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills.
- Exceptional attention to details and dedication to excellence.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Desire to learn about and implement new technologies.