Celsius Therapeutics is seeking motivated scientists to build an industrial-scale single-cell and NGS workflow that will help identify novel medicines for patients with cancer and autoimmune diseases. Your expertise in molecular biology and NGS methods will be key to accelerating the discovery of single-cell insights that lead to new targets for drug discovery. We seek people who are curious about new science, comfortable being independent, confident in voicing their opinions, flexible to change as needs arise, and open to working with others on a diverse team.
- Hands-on development, optimization, and validation of NGS- and single cell-based technologies in the lab
- Execution of NGS workflows with a focus on single cell genomics (including library construction, quantification, QC and sequencing)
- Operation and integration of high throughput approaches and automation
- Building robust “sample to data” workflows and SOPs tailored to various applications/projects, in collaboration with biology teams.
- Clear communication of research findings in cross-functional project team meetings.
- A Bachelor’s degree in molecular/cellular biology or a related discipline with 10 years of relevant work experience, industry experience strongly preferred; or a Master’s degree in molecular/cellular biology or a related discipline with 5 years of relevant work experience, industry experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in single-cell RNA-seq methods (e.g. plate or microfluidics-based) and NGS (Illumina) workflows is a must.
- Proven track record in designing and implementing novel methodologies/assays for NGS applications.
- Experience with liquid handlers/automation/robotics is preferred.
- Familiarity with computational biology tools, and experience working with computational biologists to solve problems.
- A proven ability to troubleshoot technical and scientific issues, both individually and as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills.
- Exceptional attention to details and dedication to excellence.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Desire to learn about and implement new technologies.