The successful candidate will join the In Vivo Pharmacology group at Celsius Therapeutics in Cambridge, MA and aide in the pharmacology studies in tumor immunobiology and autoimmune diseases . The position will utilize in vivo models and immunological techniques for new target discovery and new therapy profiling. The qualified candidate is a highly motivated, interactive, and creative individual that possesses the ability to work in a matrixed environment to advance preclinical drug discovery programs. The successful candidate will demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication, capable of presenting scientific results to multidisciplinary teams.
- BS/MS with 5+ years’ experience or PhD. in immunology, pharmacology, animal science degree, or related discipline.
- Highly skilled in various methods of dosing (SC, IP, IT, PO, and IV) and blood collection (RO, tail vein, and cardiac puncture).
- Strong experience in tumor measurements by caliper, body weighing, and health monitoring.
- Familiarity in harvesting and disaggregating tissue/tumor for subsequent ex vivo analysis and in utilizing multi-color FACS including characterization of tissue/tumor infiltrating lymphocytes.
- Exposure to utilizing software such as Graph Pad, Microsoft office etc. for data analysis and data summary.
- Highly motivated and results driven individual with a passion for working in a fast-paced and evolving organization.
- Adaptive and a quick learner, efficient in multitasking, highly organized and good record keeping.
- Independently conduct mouse in vivo pharmacology experiments, including but not limited to initiating, maintaining and evaluating disease models and model development, animal identification and randomization, dosing, blood sampling, and tissue/tumor collection at necropsy including fixation, freezing and tissue disaggregation for ex vivo analyses.
- Provide overall in vivo and ex vivo technical supports
- Author SOPs under supervision
- Maintain and organize data to effectively communicate experiments procedures and results
- Assist in IACUC documentation preparation and renewal
- Work as part of a collaborative team to design, plan and execute experiments that support research activities.
- Interface with external laboratories for testing and sample analysis.