Celsius Therapeutics is seeking a visionary leader for its Single Cell Genomics team as it pushes the boundaries of current single cell genomic approaches towards the pursuit of novel drugs for patients with cancer and inflammatory diseases. You will grow and lead the team in leveraging the power of single cell genomics to interrogate clinical disease samples in order to identify transformative therapeutic targets.
- Lead and further grow the Single Cell Genomics team in its pursuit of analyzing clinical samples to identify new therapeutic targets
- Integrate single cell genomics with data sciences, target discovery, and drug discovery teams
- Empower the scaleup, automation, and industrialization of the start-to-finish single cell process
- Serve as a key point of contact with Celsius-external single cell collaborators and technology innovators
- Stay on the cusp of new technologies that have application towards an increased ability to achieve a single cell resolution of disease.
- PhD degree in biochemistry, immunology, cancer biology, or a related discipline.
- 15+ years of experience working in an academic or industry lab, with a proven track record of leading cross-functional teams to explore new technologies to understand disease biology
- Deep experience in single cell technologies is required
- Proficiency in a variety of molecular biology and NGS technologies is a must
- A strong background in immunology and/or cancer biology experience preferred.
- Experience in analyzing disease pathology from human biopsies or preclinical model is a plus
- A proven ability to troubleshoot technical and scientific issues individually, as a mentor, and as part of a team.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.