Celsius Therapeutics is charting a new course of target and drug discovery by understanding the specific cells, among many others, that are key players in disease and by identifying the genes that are triggering their malfunction.
The company is applying a systematic approach to single-cell sequencing, combining massive datasets and complex algorithms in order to discover first-in-class precision therapies that have a transformative impact on the lives of patients with autoimmune diseases and cancer. Celsius was launched in 2018 and is backed by Third Rock Ventures and GV (formerly Google Ventures) and is based in Cambridge, Mass.
We are seeking an outstanding experienced, driven, scientific leader for our biologics drug discovery programs. This individual will be responsible for conceptualizing, articulating, and directing biologics projects, ensuring scientific and technological excellence, information integrity, and successful transition of programs from discovery into development. In this role, he/she will direct overall biologics drug discovery; provide organizational, strategic, and technologic leadership, foster collaborative interactions in a dynamic multi-disciplined team setting, develop and mentor scientists, and build strong partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead biologics and antibody discovery, engineering, optimization, and development.
- Define key objectives and strategies, develop plan for efficient drug discovery project initiation and progression.
- Provide leadership in drug candidate evaluation and selection, ensure smooth transition to CMC.
- Identify key external capabilities and maintain optimal internal and external resource balance
- Manage and influence stakeholders at all levels to ensure high quality deliverables within established timelines and budget.
- Provide regular communications to the team and management.
- Provide guidance on best practices and direction to support harmonization, efficiency, and continuous improvement.
- Support implementation of logistical and technical innovation to improve biologics discovery and development.
- Create a high functioning team, holding team members accountable for performance, and mentoring/coaching as needed. Provide input into the performance reviews of team member.
- D. in relevant scientific or engineering discipline preferred.
- 15+ years of experience in biotech/pharmaceutical industry with exposure to all stages of biologics development preferred.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in therapeutic areas (oncology, immunology, and/or autoimmune diseases preferred) and in biologics drug discovery and development with a successful track record of leading biologics discovery programs through IND.
- Solid understanding of key aspects critical to successful biologics discovery and development.
- Management skills and clear ability to influence and effectively align, motivate and empower the team to progress project goals in a cross functional team environment.
- Clear understanding of the process and functional interdependencies required to deliver a biological product to the clinic and to the market.
- Experience in preparing and executing complex strategic plans and balancing competing priorities.
- Strong problem solving and risk-based decision-making skills and a strong ability to influence or manage without direct authority.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability for critical thinking and innovation.
- Skills to take on increasing responsibilities as the Biologics portfolio and organization expands.