The Data Engineering team is looking for an engineer to take primary ownership for the continued development and deployment of the AWS infrastructure with a focus on the computation and storage infrastructure. This role will report directly to the Director of Data Engineering to also expand the current computational pipeline through custom software development. The role combines tactical requirements from the DevOps realm and strategic development activities as a software engineer.
Successful candidates will play a key role within the Data Engineering group and will need to successfully partner with team members in Computational Biology & Data Science. Key responsibilities include:
- Desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment to integrate the latest in computational biology and cutting-edge machine learning and AI systems into a robust cloud–based infrastructure.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, rapidly growing startup advancing precision medicine and drug discovery while partnering with top tier venture funds such as Third Rock Ventures, GV and others.
- Engage with scientific leaders across single cell genomics, functional genomics, and other wet-lab biologists to provide tools and infrastructure that helps drive scientific discovery.
- Improve the AWS infrastructure to facilitate automatic, secure and scalable processing of biological data.
- Integrate custom-built and off the shelf software into the AWS compute environment to support scientific and research needs.
- Partner with computational biologists and machine learning scientists to understand critical algorithms and deploy them into production.
- AWS infrastructure management ranging from storage, to computation to workflows including:
- S3 management,
- ECS Cluster Creation
- AWS Batch and Lambda functionality
- CloudFormation template creation and management
- Docker Image creation, management and deployment
- Familiarity with genomics computational environments and workflows a strong plus.
- Knowledge of common workflow management tools such as Airflow, Luigi, Nextflow a strong plus.
- Experience with CI/CD techniques using GIT, Jenkinsand other tools a strong plus.
- Substantial Python experience and knowledge of OO techniques.
- Core AWS service API interaction