Celsius Therapeutics is seeking an experienced pharmacologist to grow our in vivo group as we progress novel targets identified from single cell genomics towards drug discovery. You will be key in developing the strategy for growing the pharmacology team, as well as developing mouse models across different diseases of high unmet medical need, including oncology, immuno-oncology, and autoimmunity. We seek those who are curious about new science, confident in voicing their opinions, and driven to work in a dynamic team environment.
- Develops a growth strategy for the pharmacology team
- Leads an internal team and leverages CROs/academic collaborators to effectively deliver on program goals
- Establishes best practices for in vivo pharmacology experiments across biologics and small molecule therapeutics
- Charts the course and leads the implementation of cutting-edge animal models to probe the role of immune system in multiple diseases (immuno-oncology and autoimmunity).
- Communicates science and strategy effectively in a variety of internal and external settings.
- PhD degree in cancer biology, immunology, or a related discipline.
- 10+ years of experience working in an industry lab, with a proven track record of using in vivo models to drive drug discovery, required.
- Successful track record of managing logistics in a pharmacology group utilizing both internal and external resources.
- Drug discovery/pharmacology experience with biologics; experience with small molecule programs a plus.
- Proficiency in developing humanized mouse oncology models and utilizing them to probe cancer biology and/or drug discovery questions is required
- Experience using mouse models (GEMMs, cell adoptive transfer, viral-based genetic screens) for target validation and early discovery is essential.
- A proven ability of working within the context of drug discovery teams and successfully leading across cross-functional/matrixed environments
- A proven ability to troubleshoot technical and scientific issues, both individually and as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.