Celsius Therapeutics is a community of scientists, technologists, clinicians and drug hunters leveraging single-cell genomic analysis to develop life-changing medicines. Our common goal is to markedly improve human health by integrating data, experience and insight. Our environment is rigorous, fast-paced and collaborative, bringing together passionate individuals who are making an impact. We inspire creativity and discovery by embracing an open culture that fosters innovation, teamwork and excellence.
Celsius Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated Associate Director / Director, Alliance and Program Management. This role will be responsible for providing alliance and program management support for the establishment and execution of scientific collaborations and projects. As part of this role, this individual will work closely with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure strong alliance and project performance across our portfolio of collaborations. This position will report directly to the Chief Business Officer.
- Serve as alliance manager and primary point of contact for academic and industry collaborations
- Lead day-to-day activities for alliances, driving successful project and alliance execution
- Coordinate and run alliance and project meetings, establish deliverable and timeline goals and expectations, regularly track and communicate progress, and prepare key documentation and reports
- Cultivate close-knit relationships and partnerships with internal colleagues and collaborators to advance project and alliance goals and deliverables
- Coordinate internal and external communication to ensure critical information is shared in timely manner
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of each contract; ensure we are adhering to our obligations and that our partner is adhering to theirs
- Maintain a wide perspective and continually consider the spirit and long-term goals of the alliance in order to ensure we are always driving towards those objectives
- Identify issues and opportunities that are “extra-contractual” and work both internally and with the partner to construct a path forward to address or capitalize on each
- Engage with internal business partners (e.g., finance, business development, R&D, operations, legal, etc.) to facilitate proactive partnership management and ensure strong alignment and coordination of key activities
- Proactively identify potential gaps and conflicts, recommending solutions and managing issues to resolution while fostering and maintaining collaborative working relationships
- Work closely with internal team members and functional leaders to ensure ongoing alignment, prepare for key engagements, and manage escalations and points of operational friction
- Partner with scientific and business development colleagues to help structure the right relationships before they begin, and evaluate opportunities for improvements and renegotiation as necessary
- Establishing and maintaining a strong partnership with project leads and teams to achieve project goals by providing critical input, identifying potential gaps and recommending solutions.
- Establishing and maintaining both open and formal communication with senior leadership through timely project and portfolio reviews, resource evaluation, and gap analyses.
- Implement best practices in the development, initiation, planning and execution of alliances and projects
- Foster alliance management understanding and skills across the organization
- Degree in a core life science discipline such as biology, chemistry or related field, M.A. or Ph.D. preferred
- 5+ years of relevant program and/or alliance management experience in biotech/pharma R&D preferred
- Experience in alliance and/or project management from discovery through IND filings preferred
- Operational understanding of external innovation, drug discovery, translational and development processes in biotech/pharma context
- Excellent presentation and inter-personal skills; ability to communicate across all levels of the organization internally and externally expected
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and cooperatively in a creative, entrepreneurial and productive team environment
- Pro-active attitude and passion for discovery and development of therapeutics required