Celsius Therapeutics is seeking Scientist to optimize our single cell genomics pipeline towards the pursuit of novel drugs for patients with cancer and autoimmune diseases. You will be instrumental in the scale-up and automation of Celsius’ single-cell pipeline as we use this innovative technology to identify the next generation of drug targets for oncology and autoimmune disease. We seek those who are curious about new science, confident in voicing their opinions, and driven to working with and mentoring others in a dynamic team environment.
- Devising solutions to automate and scale-up single cell isolation methods across multiple tissue/disease subsets in collaboration with project teams.
- Application of NGS techniques toward answering scientific questions across multiple project teams
- Innovating on existing single NGS library generation methods and implementing automation to reduce costs and bottlenecks.
- Adaptation and industrialization of recent cutting-edge single cell genomics technologies (Perturb-seq, CITE-seq, Nuc-seq, etc.) – developing sequencing analysis protocols as needed for new methods.
- Development and optimization of orthogonal approaches to scRNA-seq.
- Development and implementation of spatial methods to monitor signal cell biology.
- MS or PhD degree in molecular/cellular biology, immunology, cancer biology, or a related discipline.
- At least 7+ years of experience working in an academic or industry lab, with a proven track record using automation towards the optimization of molecular and cell biology methods is required.
- Experience with next-generation sequencing techniques is a must, with experience in single-cell RNA-seq methods (e.g. Smartseq2, 10X) highly preferred.
- Hands-on experience working successfully with primary samples, a plus.
- Familiarity with computational biology tools, and experience working with computational biologists to solve problems.
- Experience with NGS computational methods is highly preferred.
- A proven ability to troubleshoot technical and scientific issues, both individually and as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.