We are seeking an innovative, collaborative and accomplished data scientist to work on a variety of genomics projects in the field of immuno-oncology and autoimmune-diseases. The individual will work on multiple internal and external datasets composed primarily of single cell RNAseq data. A critical component of the job will be to develop and implement new algorithms and innovative analysis strategies to generate focused hypotheses for the identification of new therapeutic targets.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic and growing team of scientists using cutting edge genomics techniques and single cell sequencing for the discovery of new targets. Primary responsibilities will be to:
- Apply or develop new tools, algorithms, or data-mining techniques for the integrative analysis and visualization of large data-sets.
- Perform exploratory data analysis of very large datasets, create statistical models for identifying genes predictive of phenotypes or clinical outcomes.
- Evaluate fits, error metrics and model diagnostics to assess and improve model performance.
- Participate in the development of a platform for genomics-based target discovery.
- Generate meaningful biological hypotheses from genomics data.
- A Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Biology, Genetics or equivalent scientific discipline, and a minimum of five years of experience in computational biology or data science required.
- Strong scientific background and publication record with proven high levels of performance.
- Ability to innovate, apply and develop new tools for the integrative analysis and visualization of multi-dimensional genomics datasets.
- Strong experience with machine learning algorithms and data mining methods.
- Proficiency with R, Python or other scripting language for statistical computing.
- A background in cancer biology and/or single cell genomics and/or immunology is a plus.
- Experience with cloud computing is a plus.
- Ability to adapt to increasing scope and complexity of work brought on by growth/change and helps others manage through change.
- Strong written, oral and public speaking communication skills.
- Knowledge of industry trends and ability to utilize that knowledge to determine the most efficient ways to meet business needs.