As the Associate Director of Business Development, you will drive Celsius’ business development activities, as well as support strategy, new product planning, and public relations functions. This is an excellent opportunity for a driven individual looking for a broad-based experience in a fast-paced, dynamic, biotech start-up environment. This versatile and highly motivated individual will wear many hats and will have the capacity to drive numerous projects forward simultaneously. As one of the key early hires for the company, you will work in close collaboration with the management team and scientists to ensure that emerging options for our programs are based on solid scientific foundations, accurate feasibility assessments, and grounded in realistic, corporate-aligned goals.
- Source and screen potential licensing opportunities, coordinating due diligence, term sheets, negotiation, contracting, and decision-making.
- Contribute to and execute a comprehensive non-dilutive revenue strategy for Celsius, including industry partnerships, government grants, lobbying, and outreach to foundations and patient advocacy groups.
- Support partnering activities, including preparing pitch decks, term sheets, and other materials as needed to support negotiations and diligence activities.
- Assist in the support and coordination of investor relations activities.
- Provide analytic support by conducting product/market forecasts, NPV valuations, and other financial analyses as needed in support of R&D and corporate business decisions.
- Coordinate Celsius scientists, legal and administrative staff, and external legal firms to manage workflow in delivering academic/industry collaborations (SRAs, MTAs, CDAs, etc.).
- In conjunction with IP/legal/finance leadership at Celsius, manage fulfillment of contractual obligations, including reporting, payments, and compliance.
- Manage non-standard contracts including with scientific/medical advisors, sample acquisition and other vendors.
- BA/BS required; MBA plus graduate degree in scientific / medical discipline (Ph.D. or M.D.) strongly preferred.
- 5+ years biopharmaceutical experience; candidates with industry, as well as relevant investment banking and consulting backgrounds, will be considered.
- High energy individual with a positive “nothing is impossible” attitude.
- Ability to work in a hands-on collaborative fashion with many different disciplines both inside and outside of the company.
- Strong knowledge of biotechnology industry, drug discovery and development process.
- Ability to work independently in an entrepreneurial, matrixed environment.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to perform complex financial calculations such as NPV and product forecasting.
- Experience with commercial and scientific assessment of new product opportunities.
- Excellent oral and written (Word, PPT) communication/presentation skills for internal and external audiences.